Wednesday, October 26, 2005

feist in concert

From her sultry voice and waif-esque photos, I imagined Feist to have an indifferent stage presence. I love her music, don't get me wrong, but I guess people will make assumptions based on appearances. She looks like a slightly healthier Kate Moss, minus the coke habit I hope.

I was proved wrong at her show at the Commodore. She got very intimate with us and encouraged us to sing along, made us laugh, and even spoke to a fan's friend on a cell phone.

I also expected her to be alone on the stage, just her and her guitar. She was accompanied by a full band, making the experience all the more rich and enjoyable.

Her voice was exactly the same one I fell in love with listening to her songs on CD. Perfect tone and texture, never off key. She was indeed mesmerizing. Everyone in the audience seemed spellbound as they crammed together in the Commodore like sardines, trying to get as close as possible to the stage.

Though it started quite late, the show was worth the wait and I'd go see her again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home