Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Corb Lund

I've realized that country music concerts can be fun even if you really dislike country music! This is especially true if you are with fun people and happen to be drinking large amounts of Smirnoff Ice.

Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans were very entertaining. Their country is more old-style Johnny Cash cool rather than Garth Brooks cheese. I found myself tapping my toes and smiling from ear to ear at the humourous lyrics. And the boys in the band are quite cute as well, as you can see from Corb's picture above.

The Commodore was packed and I could tell that this band had a loyal following. The friend with whom I attended the concert had followed them to different cities and seen them perform many times. To me, that is a sign of quality musical performance.

I'm still not a country fan, but I won't be embarrassed to check out bands such as Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans next time they come to town. I like to try different things now and then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home