Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Nasal But Good


Rufus Wainright - Want Two Posted by Hello

I recently acquired some CDs that I would not normally be interested in, but now that my musical horizons are slowly expanding, I am trying to hear a little of everything. I've always been intrigued by Rufus Wainright's music after being a quiet fan of him when he first came on the scene, and also enjoying his contribution to the I Am Sam Soundtrack. This album, Want Two, is exactly what I expected from him... a drunken, nasally drawl, which sounds like it would be hard to listen to, but I like it. If you are depressed about a difficult lover, or you are just lounging and having a glass of wine, Rufus definitely provides some appropriate music on this album. The only thing I don't like about his style is that when he inhales to sing another line, it's like he's clenching his teeth while he breathes in heavily making a highly irritating hissing noise. Some might not mind but I personally have a thing about annoying breathing patterns. But I'm just weird like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home